Saturday, April 17, 2010

No Longer Overweight



Today brought an important milestone in my journey. I am no longer overweight! I lost 2 lbs this week bringing my weight to 158 lbs and losing a total of 42 lbs total. In all of my ups and downs over the years I never thought I would see this weight again or any of the others that I have passed already. I still have the remaining 18 to lose for my overall goal of 140 lbs but each day that passes I have the knowledge that I will get there.

It has been about 2 months since I last journaled what I ate at all. This week I was pretty lazy in the beginning. I ate chocolate and some McDonald's. But then I did the right thing and said "Enough! Don't lose sight of your life long goal and get back on track". Normally if I deviate from healthy eating and exercise I have trouble getting back in the swing of things. It is getting easier and part of that is when I do eat food that is more unhealthy for me my body doesn't like it and let's me know it doesn't feel good.

I will not lie friends, the scariest part of my journey is coming up. When I reach 140 I will have to learn to maintain that weight. That is no easy feat for me. I can gain very easily and lose more easily than maintain. However my first leader in Weight Watchers years ago when I started for the first time once told me that if I thought I was never going to gain for the rest of my life that was unrealistic. At that point I told myself the hardest part is not in winning or losing but in staying with it even when it is easier to quit. Obviously over the years I had quit staying with it but no more.

Ironically I only have 3 more pounds to loose by next Saturday to reach my goal of losing 10 lbs by my birthday. At 35 I feel more confident and sure of myself than I ever have in my life. I feel more confident and sure of who I am than I did 1t 29 being a size 3. Then I used my body as a shield against the world in a different way. You can look at me but I won't let you see who I am. Today it is see me for who I am and accept the imperfections in my body that tell my life story. They say I am a mother and I am not a quitter.. two wonderful things!

No matter what your journey is, whether it is weight loss or otherwise, please don't give up for you can attain everything you dream. Thank you again for all your support and wishing everyone a happy and healthy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment