Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday

Today is Fat Tuesday and I am sure that everyone is somewhat aware that Lent is starting tomorrow. In case anyone is not aware, during Lent you give up something that would be hard for 40 days and nights. I am not overtly religious but I am going to use this as a way for me to become healthier.

I need to decide am I going to give something up or add something that is hard. This is where you guys come in. What are some good suggestions to either give up or add? I already don't drink soda so I can't do that easy one. I am counting on you guys!

4 comments:

  1. Oy vey...I have no idea. I think Mom is trying to make me give up soda and *le gasp* ice cream *crawls into a corner to cry over loss of ice cream*...hm...I really have no clue! I'll think on it and get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what do you do know for exercise? You could try to accomplish something in that area, like for example, learn how to rock climb and take that on at least twice a week(They have a wall at my gym, Lifetime, and at Xsports if you go there). But that's just an example.
    Or another good one, if you don't already swim, is to take that on. I usually swim a mile at a time when I get into it. It's a good all-over-toner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take out butter! No butter on sandwiches, no butter on toast, no foods that use butter in the recipes... It would be tough, but geez, it would be rewarding!

    Or cheese... that would be another good one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I got thinking about it... and since we're in this together- I'm going without for 40 days as well.... I'm going to give up the butter / margarine... and I'm going to do at least 15 sit ups (crunches) a day.... We're in this together! :)

    ReplyDelete