Saturday, February 13, 2010

Weekend Windown

There were some good things this week and some not so good things. That's what life is made of so I refuse to let anything send me in the dumps emotionally although it is harder to stay positive this week than last.

I lost a pound this week and a small measurement in my hips and thighs. YAY! I had gained 3 lbs last week and no gain is a good thing. I walked every day but one last week due to the cold.

Now the not so good things. As of yesterday morning I had lost all 3 lbs. Then I made a not so bright move. I had a group of people over and they were kind and brought bags of chips including my favorite! Had I asked them they would not have brought them but I need to learn to be around food that I do not eat. If I live in a bubble that will restrict me quite a bit. Needless to say I decided to have just one chip. I am sure you can guess that I didn't stop with just one. I didn't eat the whole bag (Yay!) but I ate enough that my enemy sodium changed the scales.

I had mentioned before that I am struggling with a mental challenge as well. It is like a mental plateau and still hanging in there. I feel like a cranky kid sometimes.

"I don't want to write what I eat, I don't want to exercise, I want to eat chocolate and chips and other things. They get to do it.. I want to also!"

If I was my child I would being given a time out right about now. (My daughter would get a big kick out of that!) I went back again to my journals that I have kept and yes right about this weight I went through the same thing about 7 years ago at the same weight. I kept with it then and was able to go on and be successful losing over 100 lbs so I will keep with it now. It may mean that I plateau a little for awhile but the end result and my health is the important part so time is nothing.

I almost didn't blog this morning as I was embarrassed that I had screwed up again but hiding things is never good. So if you see me being really quiet and hiding...pin me down and ask me what is going on! Thank you for sharing this journey with Sid and I and for allowing me to be "Debbie Downer" today.

Here's my commitment to myself this week: I will do 10 minutes of pilates daily this week.

Is there something you can commit to this week? What is it?

1 comment:

  1. Hang in their chic! We all have obstacles that pop up from time to time.... There's not point in being down about them- you've been strong up until now, and incredibly successful already- this is life, and you're doing great- even just acknowledging where you could have performed better is a credit to you.

    I also want to say, that I really think you should only be weighing yourself on one day a week- if you hadn't jumped on the scales the day before, you would have been happy with your result- OR if you hadn't have jumped on the scales the day after you would have been ecstatic!

    And let's face it- we're not on a diet, we're being healthy and changing our lives. If we weren't trying to lose weight, and had a night where we ate a heap of potato chips and still lost a pound, we'd be high fiving each other.

    CG- I think you should be congratulating yourself, for proving to yourself that you can let go one night, and still be successful on this weight loss journey.

    Keep up the great work mate- chin up- you don't have that much further to go- you're doing great. xo

    ReplyDelete