Saturday, March 20, 2010

Half Way There





This week I lost 5 lbs! I also lost an additional 3.5 inches off my body overall. I have now lost a total of 32.5 lbs out of the 60 I would like to loose as a whole. I have had much success lately after really struggling with a mental plateau that manifested itself into a physical plateau. I feel really good about myself lately! I still struggle with accepting my body as it is and that will be a life long battle but I am getting better at loving myself. Sid and I have talked about not wanting to be single our whole lives and I am hoping my new attitude and image will lead to someone loving me someday as well all the health benefits that come with this!


I promised a before and after picture when I reached the halfway mark. I had a really hard time finding a picture of myself from around the time I started. And there were no full body pictures to be found so what I had was actually about a month before I started this journey and 10 lbs lighter but you get an idea. I am amazed at the different people I see. I was unhappy before and desperately trying to not show it. I did not allow people to see the me inside and I probably missed out on some happy moments because of it. I was still not comfortable enough to wear the tankini for my picture today but I see a happier more confident person in the after.

Thank you all again for such wonderful support on this journey and for taking it with Sid and I. It is hard to believe we are less than 6 months until Sid and I meet again in person and do our swimsuit photoshoot! Everyone have a healthy and happy week!

2 comments:

  1. You are looking amazing CG. I love your waist in particular! As well as your collar bones (the two areas of my body I'd love to have more definition on!!)And those pegs of yours- could they look any longer or leaner? You really are looking amazing- congratulations. And keep up the great work.

    The new goal needs to be to start loving your body the way it is. My life coach has been drumming this into me- and she's right. She says we need to start loving our bodies NOW, so that whether we reach our goal or not, we'll be happy in our bodies. Ten years ago when I got to 150lbs, I still saw the same flaws in my body that I saw when I started my weight loss journey. I don't want to be like that this time. So each day I am looking at my body in the mirror, and congratulating myself on the changes that I can see and notice, and how smaller I am, and how smaller I look. And I think it's working! :)

    Love ya- and again- CONGRATULATIONS. I am so glad that we found each other- this journey is so much easier because I'm doing it with you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I think you look beautiful either way! You truly are a very pretty girl. I know we all see the flaws in ourselves, and it is good to be in good shape for lots of reasons, but don't be so hard on yourself. You look great! Good job on the 32 lbs!!

    ReplyDelete