Saturday, March 27, 2010

Balance



So much to talk about today my friends! I had a successful weigh in this week. I lost 3.5 lbs for a total of 36 lbs overall and 3 inches off my body (most of that in my hips and thighs.. the two hardest spots!) for a total of 17 inches overall. This was a HUGE success not just for the scale going down. I have not journaled a meal in 2 weeks. I do not want to be tied down to calculating points for every bite that passes my lips for the rest of my life and I appear for now to be learning to listen to my body's signals. I took my daughter out to dinner last night and decided to splurge with the chicken strip dinner, mashed potatoes, garden salad and a Coke. I ate the salad first and was working on the potatoes when the server came over and asked me if the chicken strips were okay or did I need a take home container. It smacked me in the face that YES I did need a take home container.. my body was starting to say full already and I still had potatoes to eat. My Coke which used to be like a drug to me... drank not even a quarter of it. Next time I will just stick with water because at least that's free.. lol!

If I am going to talk about success then I need to talk about a pitfall. When I am busy and in the zone, the less I eat the less my body tells me I am hungry. When I look back on this week in my head I can see that I didn't really eat as much as I should have. My body brought this home to me in an in your face way on my walk with Roxy yesterday when I got dizzy. I went to a beautiful spot on lunch and got caught up in enjoying it and decided to use the bleachers for a little leg toning. Next thing you know I never ate lunch at all and the bowl of cereal I had at 8am finally stopped giving my body what it needed by 5pm. While I need to listen to my body I also need to remember that due to my history my body will go without food and not tell me I'm hungry if I don't pay attention.

Now I need your help everyone. I have an outing in about a month that I would like to lose 10 lbs in time for and reward myself with a new outfit. I know they say more than 2 lbs a week is not good for you but I would not have to loose much more than 2 lbs a week. Am I pushing to hard and loosing sight of the journey? It is getting harder with the end in sight, although I still haven't decided if I want to push a little farther past my original goal.

It is so hard in life to balance everything that you have to do, what you want to do and what you can do. Take time to hear the birds sing, enjoy the moment you're having instead of looking ahead to what's next and eat an unhealthy meal every once in awhile. After dinner last night my daughter said to me "Mom this was really nice. It was nice to veg out with you and just eat but not worry about it being healthy." Out of the mouth of babes as they say!

May this week bring you all success, strength, happiness, love and anything else you desire. Until then!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are at a place where you are discerning a healthy way to lose weight. I would not think that rushing this to "get a new outfit" for this event would be good if you go against healthy practices. Not constantly following the points shows how you are understanding and using the information properly. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete