Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What Stresses You Out?


Hello again! I am stealing some time to write this because the topic for today is part of the reason I haven't been blogging and I realized just how much I miss it!

Right on the heels of my last success (literally) several things happened that all revolved around stress. Stress is my number one enemy and a common theme in my life. I am a single mom, my mother who has health problems lives with me and EVERYTHING falls to me. Shopping, house and property maintenance, dog care, daughter social life, and other things I cannot think of right now. I am sad to not have a partner in my life but honestly I can't imagine giving time to one more person right now. Add onto that I work full time and things just went up a whole nother level. There is no pity party here.. don't get me wrong! I am blessed to have what I do and so many others have it worse but that doesn't negate the fact that this generates a LOT of stress sometimes. I often feel like someone with the spinning plates and lately they have crashed down.

For those who don't know I also have an under active thyroid. Reading up on that I found that STRESS is a problem for that. It can actually counteract my medication and make it ineffective. Lovely.. now I'm stressed about being stressed..lol! In all seriousness though I think stress is the number one factor in me struggling with my weight. I am always trying to handle it better but the reality of it is I am a person who is "fine" "handling it all" "strong" until I crash and it all comes down.

I have had family issues lately, been sick and the stress has made my thyroid flare up. This led to not eating right, not being able to exercise, exhaustion and a bad mood in general. Then I remembered I don't have to do it alone in the weight loss journey. You all are there right along with me. Being positive makes me feel better even if I am faking it. (Yes.. I DO fake it sometimes)

All of us have stressors and things that cause us to falter. What is/are yours and how do you handle it? I am still sick, still busy beyond belief but SICK of letting the stress overwhelm me right now. So I am once again dusting myself off, and picking up again. I cannot do it all right now, exercise is hard when you are still not healthy but if I can even do one healthy thing each day then I am still in the journey. I am now taking the pressure off myself that I had been placing to lose the remaining 35 pounds ASAP. I allowed myself to be overwhelmed by the big picture and need to keep site of the small picture.

So I am back and for those of you feeling stressed or not so successful right now hang in there and know that you are not alone. And here's something to look forward too.. Spring is knocking on our doors to remind us that it's almost time for sunshine and warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment