Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring



Spring is in the air here (at least here in the US)! There is the cleansing rains, the smell of fresh, damp, earth. Things are getting ready to come out of a winter borough and start living again.

Same here in my weight loss journey. I blogged earlier this week about starting over again. The previous week I had gained 4 lbs. I am proud to say that this week I lost 4.5 and another inch in my waist. My hips and thighs are still being stubborn but I didn't use pilates at all this week so I guess I can't be surprised. I put on my tankini the other day and that fit for the first time in 2 years! Frankly I was surprised to find I kept it but I am glad that I am. I was very active this week with walking, dancing and Zumba. Have any of you tried it yet?

I was VERY busy this week. I was buried at work but instead of letting that push me to a chocolate bar I instead was able to still keep committed to myself. I cooked dinner every night, I exercised and worked on talking positive about myself. I still feel silly when I do it but I am trying. We went to the movies last night and I managed to fend off the 3 very nice girls I had with that were pushing Twizzlers and Popcorn. (LOVE Twizzlers!)I am disappointed that I didn't get to try a new recipe this week and sorry I forgot to post one on the blog but hopefully next week will be a little better time wise.

I love summer but I am loving the "spring" feel I have right now. The feeling that I am learning about myself and hopefully making steps for my life to be complete in every way I want.

It is only 2.5 lbs until an updated picture. I don't know if I can do that all in the next week but I will try. I am not brave enough to put the tankini in the picture yet but I promise that I will post a new one soon and remember we have bathing suit shots coming up this summer when Sid and I meet again face to face!

No comments:

Post a Comment