Monday, March 8, 2010

Starting Over

Today is Monday which is a great day to start over I think! I had a not surprising gain on Saturday. I was upset and tweeted (if interested I am @mzkmkr123)about my frustration and lack of success. She is an amazing fount of positive encouragement for many (@laughitoff) who has a GREAT blog! She said for me to step back from the big picture and just aim for something small like losing 5 lbs and keeping it off. I know I have said this before but sometimes it takes another person saying it to make it hit home with me.

So today I start again and simpler. Sid I am sorry I let you down by failing at my 40 day challenge. You continue to inspire me with your dedication and success. You do not lose sight of what you want and how to get there!!

In keeping with starting over and keeping it simple I went back to something basic. I cooked dinner for the first time in a week. I made the Cashew Chicken with Rice recipe. We left off the cashews but it was amazing! (Leftovers tonight) A great way to have a Chinese dish without the 5 lb sodium bloat the next day. My daughter had complained about rice and celery but wound up liking it. And it was music to my ears to hear "Mom have you tried the bamboo shoots? They're great!".

We cleaned house top to bottom yesterday and I reconnected with a "simple" exercise. My daughter washed the floor and I dried it with a towel afterwards. Place the towel on the floor, step on towel and duck walk(quacking optional!)entire area to be dried. Simple pilates all!!

So I am happy this Monday to be recommitting to myself (I feel like a broken record) and I am asking all of you for a favor. If you don't hear from me how things are going please kick me ok?

Hoping this Monday finds you all relaxed and ready for a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment