Monday, December 14, 2009

Exercise Fun and a Recipe

I received an early Xmas present yesterday from a family member. It was a Wii Fit Plus and I love it! I have only used it a little bit and I don't think it will be good for cardio but it is another way to keep things interesting. I particularly like the running programs. I HATE running and look like a dork when I do so it will be a good way for me to maybe work my way up from walking to running before the whole world sees me.

I started this weekend on a journey to love myself. Today as I was putting on my makeup I tried to really look at myself and not just the part of my face I was working on. I have really nice cheekbones! I put on a skirt today that I haven't been able to wear in a month and it looks good. A pencil skirt with a shirt that cinches at the waist. It makes my waist look really tiny and accentuates my curves. Love it!

I am going to share recipes that I like periodically and I hope that you enjoy them. Today I am sharing a Tender Chicken in Gravy recipe that is so easy to make my 10 year old makes it AND all of my family likes it....even those not worried about eating healthy. Enjoy and let me know what you think!


Tender Chicken in Gravy
Prep Time: 7 minutes Cook Time: 14 minutes


Cooking Spray
1 pound chicken breast tenders (or breast cut into strips)
1 (14 oz) can fat free, less sodium chicken broth
½ teaspoon of thyme
¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of pepper
½ cup of fat free evaporated milk
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tablespoon light butter



1. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over a medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken; add broth, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from pan; set aside and keep warm.

2. Whisk together milk, flour and butter in a small bowl. Bring broth mixture to a boil. Cook 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Slowly stir in milk mixture and butter. Cook stirring constantly until gravy thickens. Serve chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment