Saturday, December 26, 2009

What Did Santa Bring Me (and a recipe)

How lucky am I to have Christmas right before my weigh in day? The only thing better than that is to have New Years Eve before my weigh in day next week! All that said I did pretty good. I lost 1.5 lbs and an inch in my hips. I have lost 15 lbs in a month and also been caffeine and junk food free in that time.

Now most people would be jumping up and down at losing weight during Christmas. I won't lie.. I was annoyed at how little it was. My struggle again.. I want it now! So back to the drawing board of telling myself nice things and reminding myself why slower is better.

1. I am making a lifestyle change.
2. About 5 more lbs and I will be down a size in pants.
3. I enjoyed myself more than planned but not overate at my sister's. I had my pre-packed, point calculated lunch all ready. Then I saw that she had Italian beef and rolls.. mmmmmm. So I made a decision.. I would scrap the pre-packed lunch, have one beef and one roll and enjoy the holiday with my family. There was chips, cookies and chocolate (say it with me now.. "Oh My!") but I only ate a sliver of one and gave the rest to my daughter.
4. My daughter is learning these healthy habits from me. She ate yesterday but only a very small amount of the junk food. And she lost 2 lbs from walking with me and the dog this week. I must teach her to do it the right way.. not the NOW way.
5. It's a journey, not a race. If I rush to the end I lose the enjoyment of the adventure that I am sharing with Sid. One of the best things about this is that Sid and I have reconnected and gotten closer than we ever were before!

So, I was thinking about skipping the walk when I got up this morning but I know that it is necessary. Heck.. I might even shovel some snow! I hope all had a Merry Christmas and that we all start the New Year a little lighter!

Italian-Seasoned Snack Mix
4 cups criss-cross of corn and rice cereal (such as Crispix)
2 cups oyster crackers
2 cups tiny fat free pretzelz
1/4 cup reduced calorie stick margarine melted
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon driied Italian seasoning.

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine margarine and egg whites in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Pour margarine over cereal mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle cheese and Italian seasoning evenly over cereal mixture; toss gently.
3. Spread mixture evenly over cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes or until crips.

No comments:

Post a Comment