Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Impatience Sets In

I lost 2.1 this week. A steady loss which is what we all should strive for but I admit that when I saw it I felt..."disappointed". I know in my head that it is a good loss and that it isn't more because I didn't walk as much this week. However, even though it didn't come on overnight I want it off NOW! I have learned too that coming off "now" means comes back and more in the future but I suffer from impatience. "Sigh" yet another lesson I will have to add to my list of things to learn in this journey.

I lost 4 inches in my waist, 1 inch in my hips and none in my thighs or bust. I guess I know now where I need to start targeting more. They don't call walking the waist whittler for nothing!

I had a food issue this week. I have eaten fresh pineapple since I got healthy the first time. I bought one last week and after eating it for 3 days the 4th brought about some major, stabbing stomach pains. Same result yesterday. Makes me sad as I hate to give up any healthy food that I like since there are so many I don't! But stabbing pains in the stomach are unproductive. I had my gallbladder out almost 5 years ago and my body just doesn't process things the same way so good-bye pineapple.. I will miss you. Maybe we will meet again positively in the future!

The Wii Fit that I got has been a lot of fun this week. I got my Wii age from 52 down to 34 which is my current age in less than a week so that was exciting. I enjoy doing this with my daughter. The hula hooping I have been doing probably has helped the waist as well.

I am proud of myself for losing weight, sticking with it, only having one piece of chicken at the company luncheon and looking at myself in the mirror more. Not a lot yet, but more than before. It is a great help to me to have Sid on this journey. Support makes all the difference in the world, even though we are across the world from each other. So if you are going to embark on this journey please make sure you have a friend that will support and encourage you when you are feeling as if you can't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment