Monday, December 28, 2009

I Stumbled...

I must have patted myself on the back too hard the other day over how well I did with eating on Christmas.... because Saturday night and Sunday I fell. All of the goodies that I had passed up on on the actual holiday were at my sister's still on Saturday when I was there. I made it the whole day long until about 6pm and then the cookies and chips called my name. The positive aspect is that I only ate 5 cookies and a small handful of chips instead of whole bags of items and I had taken a walk that morning. It kind of continued on into Sunday when I just "HAD" to have some real pizza.. ya know... double crust, greasy, totally not healthy for me. I did eat too much of that. Then probably one of the best things happened... I was up almost all of last night sick from it. My body was clearly telling me that I DIDN'T need the pizza I thought I did. I won't soon forget that lesson let me tell you!

So today I picked myself back up, dusted myself off and got back on the right path of my journey. One or two "extras" does not have to lead to losing all of what I have accomplished and I can do this. My mom told me the other day that if I did not lose another pound I had already lost 15 and was in better health and shape than I was a month ago. I am not quitting but it was a great reminder again not to get lost racing to the end but staying steady and focused.

Tonight I will get back to walking. I find that I do feel better when I get out everyday. It is my little down time. There is nothing but silence usually (allright.. except for when I have to yell at Roxy for trying to eat all the junk on the ground), or sometimes I talk to Roxy. Yes.. I said I talk to my dog. She listens, doesn't judge and it keeps the weirdos away from ME because they think I am weird...LOL!

And there is another lesson.. take some time for yourself. If you give it all away there will be nothing left to share. Now I am done waxing poetic and deep and off to lunch. Here I come yogurt and sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment