Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pizza Recipe

So I have been CRAVING pizza but I know if I order one that I will not be able to stop at one piece. Can you imagine? Inspiration came in the form of my daughter who asked if we could make pizza together again since we hadn't in awhile. BINGO.. I rooted through my folder of healthier recipes and dusted off the recipe I will share with you. I got this from a dear friend who has shared my battle over the years as well but is much more successful than I am.

I hope you enjoy this as much as we do and let me know if you find a recipe that YOU enjoy!

1 15 oz jar pizza sauce
1 10 or 13 oz can refrigerated pizza dough
1 1/2 cups low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
Sprinkle of Italian Spices (optional)
1 lb lean ground round

1. Cook meat until it's done and crumples. Drain if necessary.
2. Add sauce and seasoning and cook until heated.
3. Spray 9 x 13 and unroll dough, press the bottom and half way up the sides.
4. Add sauce and bake uncovered for 12 minutes.
5. Sprinkle cheese and continue to bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is bubbly.
6. Remove and let stand 15 minutes.

I make mine without the meat. You can also add veggies but remember to increase your cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment