Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mental Challenge & A Reveal

This week I lost 5 lbs! I am grateful but confused as I didn't exercise once this week. I have lost 27.5 lbs overall. I just 3.5 lbs shy of the halfway mark! I am following Sid's lead and for the first time ever telling my weight. For me this is the same as standing naked in front of you! But if I am going to be comfortable with my weight I want to stop treating it as the elephant in the room that no one talks about.

I am also hoping it will help me with my mental challenge. I have all my weight loss weigh in logs and I have noticed that right around this time I have stopped losing weight in the past. I am not really sure why and I don't want to have the same thing happen. I think part of the reason is that dedication starts to fail. It really isn't as much fun anymore to eat healthy all the time. I am starting to suffer from cravings for junk food. I have been battling a craving for Chinese food for 2 weeks now! I think I will wait until I break the 30 lb weight loss marker and then order a small meal.

Overall I am proud of myself and will continue to work as hard as I can to get totally healthy.

So since Sid jumped off the cliff I am running and leaping after her (thank you Sid for continuing to be an inspiration!)! I started this journey on 11/28 at 200 lbs. Today I weighed in at 173.5 lbs. My goal is to be 135-140 lbs by the end of this journey. My short term goal is to be at least 160 by June for the summer months.

I hope you all had good weeks in some way and I thank you all for coming along with us. It is very cathartic to be able to open my heart to you all each week!

Be healthy and happy everyone!

3 comments:

  1. OMG CG... Firstly- CONGRATULATIONS on this week's loss.... that is sensational, and just goes to show you that last week's gain wasn't really a gain- it was probably more your body doing what it needed to do to make you healthy.... Secondly- 173.5lbs?...By my calculations that is about 79kg.... THAT IS AWESOME..... AND.... a total loss of 12.5kg.... WOW...
    YOU ARE AMAZING.
    Seriously, you must be looking amazing, you must be feeling amazing... at 79kg I was a size 14 in most clothes, 12 in others.... How about you- how many dress sizes have you dropped??... I am SO impressed... You are going to blitz this second half of your journey- especially the 160lb (73kg) goal... Well Done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- and I also wanted to say, that they say all foods are good in moderation, and that you should never deprive yourself of the foods you want, as it will only result in binging later on.... If you want Chinese, get it... just be clever about what you chose to eat from there. I had Chinese on Friday night- I opted for vegies and rice- and had some pop suckers and duck for appetizers. So good... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in a size 14. I tried on a size 12 dress but it was too uncomfortable but I will get there and beyond. Thanks for all the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete