Saturday, January 9, 2010

This Week Was Hard (and a recipe)

Usually I look forward to weigh in day each week. This week not so much.. I knew that it wasn't going to be as promising as previous. I lost half a pound this week. I believe there were a couple of reasons for that.

1. It only takes your body about 20 days to adjust to what you are currently doing and it won't have as much impact. I am very tight on time with being a single mom responsible for the house and 3 dogs. Walking the dog daily is my main form of exercise. Does anyone have some quick ways to add to my exercise routine that will give me a boost? I am adding Jillian Michaels on the Wii (she is a goddess!) but I find my calves hurt after all the running. I eat bananas every day but if you have other suggestions to help with this I would appreciate it.

2. Hi, my name is Curvy Girl and I am an emotional eater. This week was VERY stressful for me. There is a person missing at work who I had to pick up for, the snow because my car is a moving death trap in it and I drive 50 miles round trip every day for work and my daughter had some problems this week. I ate more than I should have and didn't track it all. I am proud that normally I would have bought a bag of chips and then wondered how I got to the bottom but this week I ate extra oyster crackers and sometimes didn't eat all my points for the day. Not eating enough can cause your body to hold onto what you have just in case of emergencies.

3. The weather had a major impact due to walking the dog. I have been pretty dedicated even with winter but it was majorly cold this week and we can't go as long as normal. I went one day and cut it short after I couldn't feel the skin under my eyes (yes I had on a scarf). The snow is a blessing and a curse. It makes the walk harder on me due to trudging through all the inches of snow but after falling and hurting my wrist I am nervous because I can't see the ice. I have slipped but not fallen 3 times since I hurt my wrist.

4. The last item is almost the most important to me. I have written about trying to be more positive and kind to my body and not passing on my issues to my daughter. This week it was really brought home to me that I have already done that in a way but I WILL reverse it. My daughter was rubbing my back and she told me "Good job mom! You're back feels smaller, only a little flab there.". I knew her intention was to compliment me on my success so far but she has no idea that the word flab is not nice. Why? Because I talk about my "flab", "fat", "disgusting stomach", and other not nice words. I wouldn't say these things to others in a million years or let her say them to others but I said them out loud to myself enough that she has accepted them as normal body words. This is how this cycles get started huh?

So this week was hard but I was talking to Sid and she reminded me that this is one week in many weeks to come. Puts it in perspective huh? (Sid you are so smart!) I tend to get bogged down in the race and loose focus on the journey but I am back on track and more determined than ever.

Sid and I are doing a photo shoot this summer when we get together face to face in our bathing suits. You guys have any other suggestions? We are trying to keep fun things out there to help with our motivation.

The recipe is a WW and delicious! I am trying to keep them simple because I hate taking too much time or having to buy a million ingredients. If you want more complex recipes let me know. I chose chocolate this week because really who can't use that sometimes? Enjoy and let me know how you like and send us your recipes!

Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge
1 2/3 c sugar
2/3 c fat free evaporated milk
2 tbsp reduced calorie margarine
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
14 large marshmallows

1. Coat an 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray
2. Stir together the sugar, evaporated milk, and margarine. Bring to a boil in a sauce pan, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in chocolate and marshmallows. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
4. Pour into pan and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares and serve. (Leave fudge in refrigerator or freezer for a firmer consistency)

1 point per square

2 comments:

  1. OMG- Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge sounds incredible.... I so want some NOW!!! However I may have to refrain from making it myself, because I don't trust myself that I wouldn't eat all 36 pieces in one sitting!!! I'm having a bit of a tough week too- but I'll update tomorrow when I know what damage I've done after my weigh in!!!
    Just knowing the triggers for this week is a huge step if you ask me- good on you! As long as we remember these aren't excuses, and are not okay to do all the time once we recognise we're doing them, then I'd say we'll be well on our way to changing our lives forever.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone follows the recipe it is actually 2 points per square

    ReplyDelete