Saturday, January 23, 2010

My First Gain.. And It's Okay

This week was really a hard week in the whole package in my life. Just one of those weeks where nothing seems to go quite right. I posted about my daughter being sick (she just went back to school yesterday) and then I got sick. This led to a week of not really eating the way I should and no exercise. (Dogs were giving me the evil look)I felt like the good year blimp knowing that I was not doing what I was supposed to do. I was sure I had gained 5 lbs and was mad at myself for getting rid of all those bigger clothes last weekend.

Well guess what? All my clothes still fit and I only gained 2 lbs! That might sound like a contradiction to be glad you gained 2 lbs. I am not glad I gained but glad it was only 2 lbs and not more. Glad that my clothes still fit, glad that I CAN do this even when it is tough. It is unrealistic to expect that I will never have a gain for the rest of my life. This has almost rejuvenated me to jump back even harder than before and luckily I am starting to feel better. As is always the case I need to be a little nicer to myself.

I want to celebrate some of the positive things that happened this week. I went to the my endocrinologits (I have Hashimoto's, and underactive thyroid) and he was congratulated me on losing weight. My cholesterol is great. They want it to be under 200 and mine is 120! My blood pressure 135/77. That was a little higher than I would have liked but I had caffeine and sodium this week so not surprising. I also had several people at work notice that I am losing weight! Hmm.. could they have read last week's post? Hope so...:-)

So this week is dedicated to hitting it harder than ever and not losing control. I hope you all had a good week!

Curvy Girl

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are both feeling better.... And I am so proud of you... I love that you found positives from your week- and didn't beat yourself up. Being sick is a part of life, and I think that your realistic outlook is going to make this week a huge success for you too.... And I'm so glad to hear that your fellow work mates are FINALLY giving you the compliments you deserve... You are doing a great job, and you DO look AWESOME. xoxox

    ReplyDelete