Friday, January 15, 2010

Who Says Men Don't Notice?!!!

So the week has passed by so quickly.... My weekly weigh in just two mornings away!! That's two mornings, a lunch with a friend, and a dinner with another friend away!!! lol.... I'm hoping that after last week's 1kg loss, that I can 'pull' another great number this week. I actually feel really good about my eating and excercising this week.... but the scales will tell the story on Sunday morning!!!

It's funny- 2009 was a real 'shake things up' kind of year for me. I went from being a well paid professional, to a crappy paid administrator.... Something that for the last 4 months or so has been a godsend! But now the financial burden is really starting to take it's toll, and my stress levels are paying the price... I know I'll be okay in the end... But the funny part, is that in the past I would likely have opted for high carbs, over eating, chocolate indulging, even a night of binge drinking (or two) ..... but the other day I was pondering my current predicament, and I actually caught myself saying to myself "Well at least I have my weight loss journey"!!! Amazing.... could I be well on the way to a complete change of thinking!!! I really am enjoying the excercise, the healthier eating.... I had a couple of cookies today, and an ice-cream tonight at the movies, and I actually felt like a normal person who has eaten well during the day, has excercised, and who had nothing to feel guilty about in enjoying those few things.... This could nearly be a first for me!!

A couple of blogs ago, I mentioned that I was thinking of buying a vibration machine.... I got talking to Kelly (my Personal Trainer) and she told me that it is legitimately much better for you to do resistance training, and the impact that resistance training will have on your body will way out-do any results that a vibration machine would give you.... So there's my answer!! Just continue doing what I'm doing!!! lol...

I also have been meaning to share this for a while.... I read on a friend's facebook page, that to burn off the calories from eating ONE m&m you would have to run the length of an American Football Field!!!! OMG- can you believe that.... I nearly died.... Although it's a fact that hasn't necessarily been at the forefront of my mind when I have the opportunity to sample a chocolate- it's something that I have put enough thought into that it has deterred me from time-to-time from eating something I shouldn't!!!! A WHOLE length of a football field... ONE m&m!!! Amazing!

Now, I am proud to say with confidence that I am officially a size 16 all over. I mentioned a couple of blogs ago that I'd dropped a dress size (from an 18 to a 16) but I hadn't really put it to the test.... I have since tried more clothes on, and have also gone back through my wardrobe to pull out clothes I haven't worn in years- and yippee, the hard work must be paying off!!!

In addition to that, I have been recieving more compliments this week... Which is making me feel great.

The girls at my training group seem the most surprised. I didn't see any of them for the two weeks over Christmas and New Year, last week they all commented that I looked like I'd lost weight, but this week they seem to be gobsmacked by the transformation.... I think they may be exagerating a bit, but it's nice all the same!!

My best friend told me my fingers looked thinner.... At the time I didn't really think she was onto anything with that, but today I noticed that my rings were feeling a bit looser on my finger- so maybe they are thinning down!!!!

But the best compliment of the week came from one of the guys at work. He too is seeing a trainer, who sounds more like a boot camp marshall than a trainer, and he said to me "Well it's obvious that you've lost a fair bit of weight"!!! And they say that guys don't notice these things!!! That comment really made me smile!

All the compliments are not wasted on me- they really mean so much.... and at the moment they spur me on, and I find I think about them for extra motivation. In saying that, when I'm wearing clothes I sometimes catch myself thinking that I can see the difference, but I'm also still telling myself that I might just be imagining it.... Sadly, when I am without clothes on, I don't really see any difference.... Perhaps this is where I really need to work on my own self image issues.... I have to admit, I am terrified of getting to around 70kg and still seeing the me I am today in the mirror- the flabby arms, the rolls/folds of skin, the jelly belly, the celulite legs, the saggy boobs etc....

Anyway, I've been continuing with the interval training, and am slowly noticing that I can run further and further each interval as I go on.... I can imagine myself being able to fun a few kilometres or more in a few months if I keep this up! I like to do fun runs, but I always walk them, maybe later in the year I might be able to run them- now that's something to aspire towards!!

Well, I'll let you know how the scales treat me on Sunday. In the meantime, have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Sid! I am so proud of you for your success. Keep working on the voice in your head because other people are seeing the changes. You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete