Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Excercise.......

Well, one of the things that I am really starting to enjoy, and that I am pretty proud of myself for, is excercise!

Over the Christmas/New Year period, I walked every day (accept last Sunday). I did a power, serious walk first thing each morning, and then while we were at the beach, we'd walk to the shops each day (probably only a 2km round trip, strolling- but it all counts). AND I maintained two personal training sessions each week.

After dropping those dress sizes, I want to go to PT every night!!! Wish I could afford it.... I've fairly much decided that I am going to register with the local netball stadium to be listed as a fill in player- hopefully it will mean some extra exercise in a new environment, new opportunities to meet new people, and hopefully some cheap excercise too (as often the team will pay for a fill in)... (Netball is an Australian game similar to basketball, but with no travelling- google it for more info!!)...

I've bought some things to help me get more out of my walks- I have bought wrist and ankle weights. I can't seem to keep the ankle weights on (the velcro comes undone) so I'm going to have to find a solution to that one. But the wrist weights are great- and I think they actually contributed to me being able to do stronger push ups at training!! I also bough a slimming belt. It's an elasticised belt (made out of a material somewhat like wetsuit material I guess), and the idea is that it keeps the heat in while you are working out, it makes you sweat more in that area, and in turn makes you lose the centimetres!! I hope it does just that.... I really hate my flabby belly!!! So far, you barely notice you are wearing it, but when you take it off, it's incredible to see how much it makes you sweat!!

I've been contemplating buying a vibration machine. I've heard some good things about them- but then I read an article that suggests that there is no scientific proof that they really make a difference, and that you are best to just do regular excercise..... then again, I also heard that 10 minutes on a vibration machine is equivalent to an hour in the gym- that to me sounds like excellent time management (of course in addition to the excercise I'm already doing).... Would love feedback if anyone has any about vibration machines!!

Tonight at training, Kelly got me doing some core strength excercises followed by some interval cardio.... She had me running up and down stairs for 40 seconds, follow by 20 seconds of catching my breath. We repeated this ten times. All up ten minutes. And wow- did I work up a sweat and was out of breath!!! Kelly said that interval training was one of the best ways to burn fat. She assures me that if I do 2 or 3 interval sessions on a half hour walk a week, I will see the difference much quicker. I'm going to give it a go! I'm going to chose a some visual targets and run between them, then walk at a slower pace between the next two targets, then run, then walk etc (you get the picture)- you build up a sweat much quicker working out this way too.... your heart rate going up and down...

Kelly keeps telling me that she'll get me down below 70kgs- that would be so amazing- imagine if I exceeded my own expectations of myself in that way- what a huge accomplishment and what an awesome feeling that would be!!!

She's running a six week challenge- the winner getting a free personal training session. She's give us a food plan, and tips etc.... I haven't done too much about it yet- but hope to join in the best I can... need to do a grocery shop to really get the best out of it. But am looking forward to partaking in this challenge, and seeing how the others go (that Kelly trains)!!

CG and I are going to be meeting up mid year, and have spoken about doing a photo shoot- infact a swimsuit shoot. We're both going to take before shots in our swimsuits as well... it will be very interesting... We're thinking we may get professional photos taken!! So much fun- and definitely incentive to make sure that the next six months are successful!!! I have found a swimsuit I'm in love with. It comes in white or black. Naturally I think go black, but the white looks stunning, and may be the way to go. My trainer says BUY IT NOW!! Maybe I should.... Check it out: http://www.carlaswimwear.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=298&cat=20&page=1
CG thinks I should get it now.... what do you all thinK?!!

With websites in mind now that I posted that link, I've been meaning to share a website I have come across. I haven't maximised it's functionality yet- but it's a brilliant tool. The website is http://www.calorieking.com.au/
You can put in almost any food and it will tell you how many calories are in it. You can plan meals so you know how many calories you'll be eating. They even have the Calorie King University, so that you can be educated in being healthy etc.... If yoiu check it out, let me know what you think!!

Being in a bad mood tonight, I found myself self sabotaging... ironically I was in control... but sabotaging all the same.... I indulged in some chocolate.... I'm not down on myself about it, but I still wonder what it is in me that makes me do that to myself.... I need to do some serious self image work this year.... afterall, this journey is for life- I want a long life, as a person who isn't always chasing a weight loss goal! I read something in the paper on the weekend that said "eat to live, not live to eat"- how true.... that may be my slogan from now on!

Anyway, I think you're now all updated on where I'm at!!

Have a wonderful week! :)

5 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Sid! You are working out WAY more advanced than I am and doing great! Try to remember that the scale was a success but so was the inches even though they weren't what you wanted. Look at how small a size you are in now! You are smaller than me you sexy thing and I am so glad for it. Gives me inspiration! Buy the suit now and which ever color makes you feel hotter is the one to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... just read through all your posts -- how motivating are you!?!?!?! I will definitely be following you. 2010 is my year of good health and i am determined.. so i am on this journey right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way -- this is Susie (Lynda's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw- Suz- thanks chick!!! You'll have to take this journey with CG and I, so that when I'm home in Jun/Jul we can show off our gorgeous bodies to each other!!! lol!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog. thanks for sending me the link.

    ReplyDelete