Saturday, January 30, 2010

I lost.... I lost.... I lost.... Yippee!! (and phew!!)

Well.... this week I lost 900 grams!! That's about 2lbs! And I'm really happy with that result!

A funny week, but I'm hoping this loss is a sign that I am really thinking about the consequences of when I eat things that aren't so healthy, and make up for it in other ways (whether it be by how hard I exercise, or what else I eat etc)!

On Tuesday it was Australia Day. I ended up sitting in the sun, sipping on water and diet mineral water to minimise the liquid calories, but indulged in BBQ hamburger, sausages, kangaroo, as well as some delicious deserts, including birthday pavlova, and lamingtons (for the US followers, do a google search- two of the most delicious Aussie deserts- YUMMO!!)...

Then on Friday it was my friend's 30th. We went to Chinese, and I left feeling so full!!! Aside from the fact we had lamingtons (again) in the office that day, I felt a bit scared to be eating Chinese after a week that ultimately wasn't the best eating week. But I opted for steamed rice instead of fried rice, and ordered a plate of Chinese vegetables to go on the lazy susan (which I ate most of anyway!!)... I did have some dim sims (pop suckers) and some duck too- which was DELICIOUS!!!!

I've been craving sweet food a little this weekend... but with nothing in my house that really resembles treats, I made myself some french toast- it was so good- and really, probably not all that bad for me- given that I decided to make that my dinner last night!!! I've had a lot of baked bean meals this week too!!!! Sounds shocking I know, but I've had a few late dinners and just wanted to eat something quick and easy!! A friend suggested low fat cheese on the toast, and then the baked beans, topped with bbq sauce and pepper... could just be my new favourite quick fix meal!!!!

Two mornings I didn't walk as well, and because of the public holiday I only had one personal training session.... So all I can say is that something must be going right!!!

And I'm also going to say that this week I'm going to work super hard to make sure none of those sweet things creep up on me this week!!!

I also started seeing a life coach this week- it was my first session, and I think it's going to go really well. She had me fill out a questionairre prior to meeting up, and she told me that my answers were very thorough. She noticed that this health kick / weight loss journey I am on is obviously one I'm very confident about, and she felt it didn't need us to spend too much time on it... She may be right.... there are days when it's still a struggle, but I know what I have to do, I've got the ball rolling, I've enlisted support, and have CG right beside me (albeit 10,000 miles away!!), and we have this blog!!

On Australia day, one of my best friends told me that he thought what I was doing was so good, especially the blog, because now everyone knows that I'm losing weight, and I can't fail, because everyone will know!!!! He also told me that my weight loss was really noticible around my middle... You know he's right... The support we've been looking for in this blog, is the support that is going to keep us on track- and if that support comes simply down to knowing that people are interested in our success, then it really does make it that bit easier to keep sight of the goal!

However it doesn't necessarily make the journey an easy one... although I've realised this week that I don't really feel like I'm dieting or sacrificing anything in my life to do this... not even chocolate!!!!! But I do have ups and downs- this week I've been feeling a bit depressed and down in the dumps, and there have been a few times when I have wondered to myself if it's all worth it... then I jump on the scales and see a 900 gram loss... of course it's all worth it- worth it to be healthier, worth it to feel more confident, worth it to look better, worth it to be proud of my achievements....

The clothes thing is becoming a bit of a problem for me.... Tops aren't so bad at the moment- those you can wear a bit bigger than they need to be and you can still get away with it (and I have lots of tops that I haven't worn for years that I can now wear), and jeans are no problem too, since I found that other pair last week, got the two pairs back from my bestie, and bought those bargain dark blue jeans.... but summer pants are the real problem... I have hardly any summer pants that I can wear. I have my 3/4 work pants, but I look like a drongo going out on a casual get together on weekends dressed in my work wear!!!!..... So hey- if anyone is throwing out size 14-16 clothes that are in reasonable condition, please think of me!!!! (The problem is twofold- firstly, for how many months there are left of summer, it hardly seems worth it, not to mention when I'm back in the USA for summer, I plan to be a smaller dress size again... and secondly I simply can't afford to be buying new clothes!).... I could just get around in by bathers and sarong I suppose!!!! lol...

Anyway- that's my week in a round about way!

Can't begin to tell you how proud I am of CG... WOW..........

-Sid-

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Sid! The clothes thing is a bittersweet thing huh? It is costly to replace but so exciting to be getting a smaller size! Try to replace just what you need. Do you guys have secondhand clothing stores? If you do try there. I have gotten stuff with tags still on it for much less than they originally paid!

    ReplyDelete