Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stories about jogging, and about honesty!!

The week is well under way, and I have something I'm really excited to share!!! Yesterday morning I started on my morning walk (as usual), and had planned on doing interval training. When I got to the top of the street (I use the stretch from my house to the top of the street as my warm up walk) I started jogging.... and something in me just decided that I wanted to see if I could run from there all the way home.... AND I DID!!!!

Usually when I do interval training, I push myself to get to the next sign post, or the next fence, or the next curb, but yesterday I decided not to do that, and instead just picture home!! I stopped about 200 meters (0.1 miles) from home to wind down... That resulted in a 2.2kb (1.4 miles) jog! It wasn't fast, I'm sure I looked exhausted, but I kept up my rhythm, and I did it!!! So excited- this is a first for me!!!

So then this morning, I thought I would just do a long walk, but I got out there and thought to myself that I should test this jogging out- just to see if it was a fluke!!! But sure enough I made it 2.2km again!!! Yippee!!! Hopefully being able to do this will help me to shed some kilos faster, and get rid of the horrible tummy that I have come to hate so much.... (remember that point, because I'm going to return to that shortly!!)...

My trainer suggested that now that I've started jogging, that I continue just jogging the 2.2km and aim to get the time down. Once I'm able to jog it in a shorter period of time, then I should start to add distance to the run. She seems to think that before I know it I'll be able to run 4 or 5 km (2.5- 3 miles)!!! Can you imagine that?? So exciting!!!

I'm not sure if I mentioned that she has set up a 6 week challenge at training. The person who wins (the most centimetres lost from your body measurements) will win a free training session.... So I don't get to be measured for another week and a half, but Kelly (my trainer) seems to think it's going to come down to me and one of the other girls.... Fingers crossed!!!

Remember when I wrote the entry about 'Who Says Men Don't Notice'? Well the same guy was in chatting to me yesterday, we were talking about our trainers and working out, and mid conversation I got up out of my chair, and he looked me up and down and said "Wow, you've lost heaps, you're looking great"!!! So nice!!! :)

But then we come to HONESTY!!! I've been blessed with lots of compliments along this journey to date (and hope they won't slow down, it's so motivating getting compliments), but sometimes the compliments can be a bit backward- like today.... A girl at work continues to tell me that "you can so tell you've lost weight"... Today she's looking at me and she says "You know, you can see that your bum has really tightened up, and that your face has got thinner, and your legs are looking better, and your arms have slimmed down too. Once you get rid of your flabby belly you'll be perfect"........ That flabby belly....... I hate it... How embarrassing and depressing that it's so noticible that she thought to comment... I'm sure if she's said that, then other people must be thinking the same thing....

So what does this mean for now?? Control top briefs for a while?? You know, if she mentioned my ankles I probably would have felt the same... or my boobs... The three areas of my body I really don't like.. but if she had have said my arms for example, I don't think it would have bothered me so much!!

Anyway- forget the back handed compliment- I can job 2.2km!!! So happy with that!

Wish me luck for a successful week of weight loss...

And watch this space, CG discussed some exciting ideas with me today..... hopefully if we can make them happen, you'll find this blog really exciting (even more than it already is!!!) :)

-Sid-

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you on the jogging Sid! Shame on the girl who told you that you had a flabby belly!!! Stuff like that makes me so mad. Some people have to put down others to make themselves feel bad and it is wrong. I have had to accept that my belly will ALWAYS be flabby due to weight gain/loss and a baby by c-section. You are beautiful as you are now and will just be even more stunning as you get healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jogging is great for burning loads of kjs, I'm getting into it too (but sooo many hills around here - makes it hard). I've downloaded a program onto my iPod which trains you to run 5k's in 9 weeks. ie: First week = mostly walking with short jogs inbetween, Second week = walking with longer stints of jogging etc.
    You can get the downloads through the C25K (Couch 2 5 Kms) website or from iTunes. There are various downloads I've got Podrunner by DJ Beatsmith and am loving the tunes.
    Anthea

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am proud of you and the progress you have made. You always train hard and one of your very best points is that you NEVER say I can't and you NEVER give up! You look fantastic and don't ever let somebody else's back-handed compliments upset you. Keep up the great work, you WILL be running that 5km before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete