Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sid's Weekend Wind Down- I LOVE THE 80s!


I'm excited to say that I am doing the '80's Dance'!!! I weighed in this morning and have lost 1.5kg (3.3lbs) in total for this week!! That now means that I am 89.9kg (197.8lbs)... so even in pounds it's a great achievement- under 200lbs!!! Woo hoo!!!
It's so funny that I decided last week to change my reward for when I got to 90kg!! Lucky I did, or I'd be out this week organising an appointment with my tattooist!!! lol... But hey, that might only be a month or so away, as that's my next reward for 85kg- and now that's only 4.9kg away... Exciting!!
Weight loss can be so interesting, as I couldn't really pin point anything I did differently this week to lose 1.5kg. Perhaps not losing anything last week meant this week's numbers were bigger.... I have been really giving it my all in my training sessions, and doing everything I can to work up a real sweat (proof that my heart rate is up), and I've also been trying to concentrate on eating only what I want to- I still don't think I've got out of the mind frame of eating everything in front of me, or dinner should be a certain size etc- so for dinner one night I just had two eggs scrambled- nothing else... I'd had salad in my sandwich during the day, and some fruit, and by dinner time I just wasn't that hungry... Perhaps listening to my body more has helped.
This was the last week of our six week challenge at training- we get measured tomorrow night. I haven't been measured since the beginning of January, and wasn't overly happy with the results then, so I'm eager to see how I go this time round... the winner gets a free week of training- I really hope the winner is me- but I've got some tough competition!!!
Speaking of training, Kelly put a link on her website that takes viewers to Two Friends Journey, so I'd just like to publicly thank her for being so supportive, and encourage people to check out her website as well- even if you're not local, she's keeping a blog too, so might be a good motivating read from time to time: http://www.elitephysiqueonline.com/
I tried my luck at making 'veggie chips' last weekend.... like potato chips, but I made them out of carrots and zucchinis. I still need to perfect it, but think when I do, they'll make great snacks, and an even better alternative to rice crackers (that are my weekday morning snack- without fail!!). I basically used a peeler to peel slices of carrot, mixed some lemon pepper in, then baked them in the oven on 150 degrees Celsius (300 Fahrenheit) for an hour. They tasted good, but the pieces were too small. So I need to perfect that. I think eggplant, parsnip, and sweet potato might also be good to try it with!
Oh, and I went sailing yesterday! Wow, so much fun, and loads of adrenalin. Especially when the spinnaker got tangled, ended in the water, and the boat was literally on a 90 degree angle with me hanging on upside down for dear life!!! But I was not disappointed, a really fun day out- and a great muscle work out too!!!
It's taken me about 4 months to lose that first 10kg (22lbs)- I wonder how fast I can burn off the next 10kg.... Did I mention that my weight is now in the 80s?!!! :)
Have a great week all.
-Sid-

No comments:

Post a Comment