Saturday, January 16, 2010

A loss is a loss!!!

A loss IS a loss!! This week I lost 300 grams (about half a pound).... It's not a big loss, which seems to be my specialty!!! But it is a loss- and I vow to never let that 300 grams find me again!!!

Seriously though, I was just thinking about these tiny losses that I've been having.... There are times when it bums me a little- I mean, I'd LOVE to be losing big numbers, but then I got thinking, and I have not gained weight since I started, so really, I'm on the right track... The small losses might make the journey a longer one for me, but hey- as long as the outcome is a smaller, happier, healthier me, then I say bring it on!!

I was hoping for another decent week like last week, my best friend thought the same.... But then as I wrote in my last entry, money has been tight, so realistically I wasn't able to eat the same variety I would usually.... One of the girls at work even made me lunch one day, and bought in a week worth of snacks for me this week.... They were foods that fit in with the diet- she's very concious and supportive of what I'm doing- so that did help to give me some variation in my eating this week....

But I just did a big grocery shop.... so I should be set for the next couple of weeks at least... I was excited to find a box of bircher style muesli, which I can't wait to sample.... And I think this week I'm going to make and freeze a vegetarian stir fry type meal, as well as something with meat and vegies in the slow cooker.... That way, I can portion control my meals for probably the next two weeks or so- as well as giving me instant meals without having to think about them too much.... this in itself is 'milestone' thinking for me- I am not usually one to cook and freeze food!!!

Last night I discovered a new bar/restaurant in the city- it's a rooftop bar (my favourite type) and it's called The Tuscan Bar- they made awesome sangrias, and we ate tappas and antipasto for dinner, followed by Affogato for dessert (and I wonder why I didn't lose a lot of weight this week!!!) Seriously though, when I first decided that I was going to put in a lot of effort to lose weight, and I started this journey, I was afraid almost to go out to eat.... Now I just chose carefully.... And prepare in advance- ie watch what I eat during the day, drink a bit more water that day than usual, try not to snack between meals so much if I'm going out, do a harder work out than usual.... etc etc.... And to tell you the truth- it makes me feel 'normal'!!! (if there is such a thing!!)... I mean, isn't that what people without weight issues do???

Anyway- my 300 grams today brings me to exactly 7 kgs lost since my first weigh in back in late October. (7kg = approx 15.4 lbs). For the sake of being open and honest, I now weigh 93.1kg (approx 205 lbs)..... I still have nearly triple that to go- but I'm on my weigh, and feeling good about it...

Out to dinner again tonight, but that should be it for this week.... so I should be able to really stay on track with eating... and excercising... Wish me luck for a great weight loss week.... (I bought new sneakers today- so definitely no excuses re excercise this week- after all I have to wear them in!!!)...
Yesterday I had lunch with my best friend (this must be confusing! I have a few best friends! For the sake of this blog, yesterday was with Bestie S). She's pregnant, due in six weeks, and quite a while ago, I leant her some clothes of mine- the smaller ones... Yesterday she gave me a lot of them back- my favourite size 12 outfit (which I cannot wait to get back on!!), my favourite size 14 (a very small 14 I might add) jacket, and two pairs of size 16 jeans that I bought probably well over 5 years ago....

I didn't think any of it would fit- I mean although I'm a size 16 now, I've been convinced that sizings have got a bit bigger since I was last a 16!! But alas- both pairs fit like a glove.... It's like I have two new pairs of jeans (even though they were already mine to start with!!!)... And the jacket fit in the back and arms, but is a long way from being buttoned up- but that's okay too!!! So exciting!!! And did I mention that I too went through my wardrobe... I haven't thrown any clothes out yet (as I'm still wearing some of them until it's impossible to any more), but I did try on old clothes that I haven't worn in years- and to my surprise and delight, they fit!!!! (Being a hoarder is paying off a bit right now!!!)

Well, my new vision is to have arms like Jennifer Aniston- it will probably take years of training and hard work- but I'd love to have little skinny arms that have muscle definition- not like a body builder, but just like a person who looks after themselves... And I really want to lose the flabby tummy.... So I think I may have to challenge myself to do more crunches outside of training days!!!

Enjoy the week all.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Well done Laurelin, you are doing great. 7kgs is a fantastic loss, especially since you've had Christmas and New Years etc. Don't lose sight of the big picture - 'save your pennies and the pounds will look after themselves' my grandpa used to say..

    Anthea

    ReplyDelete