Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh new dark blue jeans, how I love the!!! (And other stories from my week!)


Well, what a week it's been!

On Monday night I was shouted to dinner (ie had dinner paid for me) by an old friend- it was a perfect night, we headed to the beach, and had dinner at a beachside restaurant and watched the sun set- sounds romantic, but there were no single men in sight (the universe needs to work on that one for me!)- I opted for a lamb salad for dinner.... then we walked.... then we indulged in a little gelati! Yum yum....

On Wednesday night it was my best friend's birthday. We had noodles from the noodle shop for dinner. I opted for rice noodles (lower GI) and asked for less noodles and more vegetables, and also opted for a vegetarian option... Delicious... And FILLING!!! And yet I still made room for a small piece of strawberry mousse birthday cake- it was SOOOOOOO good!!!

On Saturday night, we had a big group of 25 or so go to the RSL at the Beach for dinner.... I had pork steaks with mashed potatoes, snow peas, and salad.... I gave the fries away! Another filling meal!!

So with all that eating out- and you may recall my depression eating of the lindt balls after I found out I'd hardly lost any centimetres from my body last week- you can imagine my thrill in seeing the scales tell me this morning that I had lost 1kg (2.2lb) from last week. As you know, Sunday is my regular weigh in day, but I spent the weekend at the beach again, so had a Monday morning weigh again!

This week I've really given the interval training a go. The first morning I tried it, I wore my slimming belt (or "not-so-slimming" belt as I have become accustomed to calling it, seeing it makes me look huge when I'm wearing it!!! lol) and my pants kept falling down!!!! It didn't take long for me to get annoyed with that and just go back to normal walking. But the second day I tried the interval training (without the belt, my pants stayed up!!!) I loved it! It took 8 minutes off my usual half hour walking route, which meant that I had some time spare to jump on the Wii for some steps and hula hoops!!!

I've been alternating walking and interval training since- and it feels really good... I think the interval training will really boost my strength and fitness levels- when I'm doing it, I can actually imagine myself being able to run the whole distance in the future!!

So the thrill of one whole kilogram lost is awesome, and it comes after a week of some real ego boosting compliments!!

First compliment:
One of my best buddies was walking behind me, and told me that my butt was looking great!!

Second compliment:
The same friend told me she was jeallous of me when she saw me in my swimsuit.... Let's face it, I still do NOT look good in a swimsuit, but her comment was that she could really tell that I had lost weight, and thought it was particularly noticible in my legs and hips! :)

Third compliment:
When we stay at the beach, we stay in a caravan park that has a toilet/shower block. I was in there one morning in my walking gear, and was leaning over the basin (since this is an honest blog, I was squeezing a zit- and YES, at 34 I still get the horrid little suckers- my mother lied when she told me that once I was out of my teens I'd never get pimples again!!!), anyway- I was leaning over the basin, and I didn't see one of my friends walk in- she saw me- but she didn't realise it was me until she saw me later in the same outfit... She said she initially looked at me from behind and thought it was me, but then said to herself "That's not her butt"!!!! Lovin' it!!

Fourth compliment:
When we go out for dinner when we're staying at the beach, we go out of our way to get a little dressed up (since most days we lounge around in our swimsuits and civies). I wore my new size 16 jeans, with a strapless black top, and low strappy heals, with a green beaded necklace. I had my hair down. One of the older guys who has a caravan opposite, but that faces away from us, was walking towards us, I had my back to him, and he said "Wow, who's that sexy chick in those dark blue jeans?"!!! I turned around and thanked him for such a lovely compliment, and he told me they looked FANTASTIC!!!!!

Whoever would have thought that losing just less than 7kg would result in such great compliments.... I have to admit, today I caught myself in the mirror and thought it looked like perhaps my shoulders have slimmed down- but I don't see it that much anywhere else- but then hey, I look at myself every day- right?!!

I took my 'before' picture this weekend... Oh what a wake up call.... A wake up call that in my next summer (which lucky for me will be in less than 6 months!!!) I will NOT look the way I do now..... I accept that the backs of my knees may never really be lovely to look at, and that the celulite may never go away, but the size is going to be smaller.... I promise myself that!

I had another moment worthy of blogging when we were at dinner at the RSL. One of the girls got a huge slice of mars bar cake for desert- she couldn't eat all of it, and asked if I wanted any.... I knew I didn't want it, but couldn't resist the tempation to have a small taste... One of the other girls bailed me up, and in a stern voice asked me if it was worth it, and why did I go on my walk that morning if I was going to have some of that cake.... Being a smart alec, I told her I walked so that I could have that small taste of cake.... Later I got thinking about it though, and I realised that I was lying.... I went walking that morning to be healthy and to lose weight... I went for a taste of that cake because I struggle to resist temptations.... Two days later, I couldn't even tell you or explain to you what that tiny sample of cake (by tiny I mean not even a teaspoon size) tasted like... so was it worth it??? NO.... I know that a tiny piece of cake like that would probably not alter the scales- but I can't even really give you a good reason why I had to try it!! Just another thing I have to work on!!!!

Again, last week, my personal training sessions ended up being one-on-ones as noone else showed up- so I had some huge work outs!!

I'm so excited that people seem to be seeing a change in me- and people who have not been provoked to say something nice!!! lol... I'm always up and down- but today I feel rather UP (although tired from the 43 degree celcius day - I think that's about 115 degrees farenheit!) and I'm excited about the next week.... It would be SO awesome to lose another kilogram!!

You may also notice that the blog page has been updated- you can now subscribe to the blog, which will mean that you will get email notifications when the blog has been updated! Hopefully this will help our lovely friends and followers to keep track of where we're at, and offer us some tips, support, advice, comments, etc along the way!

And with that, over and out! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring Sid and so true. I am hoping people will notice a difference in me soon too. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete