Saturday, January 16, 2010

Today I Celebrate Me


What a week it has been! There has been STRESS all over the place and I was really feeling worried about the scales this week as I indulged in some extra healthy foods again.

Last night I had some alone time I so decided to clear the closet of bigger clothes that I need to get rid of. Boy was I surprised when half my closet wound up on the floor! Some of it was sad as there were things I had only worn once but that is tempered by the fact that I look better and I had saved some smaller clothes so I don't have to go buy a whole new wardrobe yet!

I lost 3 lbs this week! It was a success and thankfully I am not letting the stress trigger any binges. I am an emotional eater and stress usually would send me to chocolate and other lovely tasting things in large quantities. I grocery shopped after work last night before dinner and I was SOOOO hungry that everything in the store looked good and I wanted to eat it. So I made a deal with myself. I put it in my cart and if at the end before I checked out I still wanted it I would get it. Everything went back because it was just an impulse and not a true hunger.

I have basically gone down a whole size in clothes now. I lose faster on top than I do the bottom which is a frustration to me but there are so many things about my body I am liking better. My booty looks pretty perky right now. Nice waist is getting tinier and my hips are getting curvier in a good way. I have not been this thin since April of 2008! I do have fabulous cheekbones when I am at a good weight and I am starting to see signs of them. I feel just a little more confident than I did before and now at least I have clothes that I would feel good in if I go out.

I have run into the opposite of Sid in that people in my daily life haven't said really that they have noticed I have lost weight. Here's a tip for everyone.. NO ONE gets mad if you say they look like they have lost weight. Don't go overboard and say they look so much better now (cuz I looked like crap before?) but acknowledgement is a tool also.

I am eager to hear some of your stories, triggers and tips. You guys are really helping Sid and I just by knowing you read our blog. So keep following and sign up for automatic updates. Let us know if there is something that you want more of in the blog!

I will add a recipe later this week. Apple Braised Chicken!

Curvy Girl

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome photo?? You are looking amazing Sarah! And another 3 lbs this week- you're a weight loss machine!!! I am SO PROUD of you!!! And how awesome that you've lost a whole dress size!! You go girl!! How much weight have you lost to date??

    ReplyDelete
  2. "NO ONE gets mad if you say they look like they have lost weight."

    Too true! Although it reminds me of something my friend Swifty once said:

    "Someone asked me today if I'd lost weight, although I am currently the heaviest I've ever been. I wonder if they meant 'ever'."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is great that you have lost a whole size. Good for you! Stick with it. I do that whole putting things back at the end thing too. Although I usually do it for financial reasons, I almost never put the sweet stuff back. Hmmmm...maybe I should try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the support guys. Sid I have lost 23.5 lbs to date. Almost half way there!

    ReplyDelete