Thursday, December 24, 2009

And so this is Christmas.....

Merry Christmas!!! Didn't that come around quickly this year.... I think I say that every year, but here in Oz the day is nearly done (well it's 4.30pm) and I just have not been able to crack the Christmas cheer!! I feel like I haven't had the same preparation time, or perhaps there's just a general lack of Christmas cheer- many people I have chatted to have felt the same way!!!

I am so tired today- I have been to my auntie's for lunch- we all brought a plate of food, so it was a good spread, but not that much in the way of really low fat options- but that's to be expected on Christmas day I suppose....

My week hasn't been so good on the eating and exercising front- I have actually found myself to be really tired all week.... not sure if it's the end of year blues, or if it's that my body is in need of some rest, or if it's just simply that I'm tired- or maybe even bored- but regardless, tired I have been.... so I haven't walked as much as usual- in fact I've barely walked at all. And because of Christmas I only had one personal training session. But I'm off to the beach tonight, so plan to do a morning walk each day I'm away... and plan to drink LOTS of water!!! I expect there might be a few boozy nights- but I'll try to temper that with water in between drinks (wonder how long that will last?!!!)....

I've also been pretty bad with eating this week- there has been bbqs, chocolate, christmas puddings, potato salad everywhere- and this is the sad thing about me and temptation- I just find it so hard to say no.... I'm sure I haven't been nearly as bad as I would have been on other occassions, but I know I still haven't been 'good'.... I feel a bit bad about not sticking to my guns and 'dieting', but then I think that this is life, and this time of year is always going to be like this- even the thinnest of people often put on a few kilos at this time of year, they just work hard to lose them afterwards.....

So I have decided that since I will be at the beach until Monday night, that I won't weigh in until next week- so really not until the new year..... aside from being more practical, it will also give me an extra week to get back on track, and perhaps even out the damage that the last week may have caused- in turn meaning I'll have no reason to fall into the trap of being upset with my weight loss result!

There are some aspects of this time of year that I love- mostly it's showing appreciation to those that you hold close to your heart, and helping people out in need, and seeing the kids so excited and happy.... I've really enjoyed a bit of nostalga this year, and it's fair to say that I have the most amazing friends in the world- I have certainly been adorned with friends that make me feel like a better person for knowing them- I am very lucky in that respect.

Anyway- guests are on their way- so until my next post- MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Sid xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment