Saturday, December 12, 2009

Weigh in Day- 12 Dec 2009

So up I am- it's now 8.05am on Sunday, and I've been up for 45 minutes!

Sprang out of bed, and raced to weigh myself in... this week, the scales told me I lost 700 grams (1.5lbs). I have to be honest in saying I'd hoped for a bit more this week.... but I'm still very happy with this loss. I'd love to lose at least 1 kilogram (2.2lbs) in this next week- will be trying very hard!

I didn't go for a walk yesterday- infact I think I had the laziest day on record... I'm not going to beat myself up over it- I rarely have a total day of 'nothingness'! Today I have to go and do some grocery shopping... so I'll do the old trick of parking the car far away from the entrance to get in a few more steps!

I've not had the greatest week eating wise- only in that I had a few days of very low appetite- I thought that might accelerate my weight loss, yet a slow and steady result still transpired- only confirming to me that it's essential to eat well and properly. In a week where I do have a healthy appetite, I can lose the same amount! Interestingly, having had a few days of low appetite, my eating and habits since then have not been as good as they ususally are. For three days I haven't had my vitamins for example- I was sure I wouldn't notice the difference- but I definitely have- I've been more tired and lethargic without them! And the afternoon cravings for sweet foods came back on the days when I didn't eat properly- my body was obviously looking for the energy I'd starved it of not eating properly. Since I've improved my diet, I rarely crave sweet foods... Don't get me wrong, I still eat them from time to time, but I don't generally have those dire desires for them!

I've been feeling a little down these last two days- usually if I felt 'bla' or down, I'd indulge in some binge eating.... I've probably had a bit more to eat than usual given that I've had such a boring weekend, but actually I've been really happy with myself that I haven't gone nuts on eating.... How wonderful would it be to break the emotional eating cycle I've become so good at over the course of my life!

Signing out a bit lighter than last week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment