Friday, December 11, 2009

It's my first time....

Cyber world- HELLO!!!!

I've never blogged before, but as you may have already seen, this is the blog of two friends a world apart! CG and I met nearly 20 years ago in high school, and have recently reconnected. Both in a situation of being in our 30's, single, and over weight, we've agreed that journalling our thoughts as we embark on a quest to lose weight is a pretty fun and smart way to not only inspire each other, and other bloggers, but to also be brutally honest about where we're at.

At nearly 100kg in October- after having been out of work for 3 months, and having two overseas holidays, I realised that I don't want to be this skinny person in a fatties body anymore- and the strong motivation to do something about it began! On October 12th 2009, I started my journey towards being a 70kg person again! In the last two weeks, I have got myself to a weight lower than what I have been in the last year, and so now the real journey begins!

Unlike CG, I'm not going to Weight Watcher's classes. I've tried it before, and had some real success with the program at the beginning of this decade, but this time I want to do this myself. I'm watching what I eat, taking note of any reading material I find that sheds some light on healthy choices, lifestyle improvements, weight loss, excersie etc, and I'm collecting them to go into a scrap book (for future reference if I start to fall of the wagon!). I'm walking each day- I started going a 23 minute morning walk, and am now up to a 45 minute walk. I get up at 5.45am every morning (on weekdays) and go for my walk. I'm a little slack with that on weekends, but I always try to get some type of excercise in. I'm also seeing a personal trainer two times a week- it's a group session, so only costs $10 for 45 minutes (a bargain!), and I try to get to a dance class each week- but that doesn't always happen!

My weigh in days are on Sunday mornings. I get up, take a loo break, then straight onto the Wii Fit to see what news it has for me! So far so good... tomorrow morning I pray it will give me some great news!

Like everyone, I'm going to have ups and downs. I'm aware of that, which should make me prepared, I know- but I'm also aware that I'm sure to disappoint myself from time to time. Regardless, I would love to have shed enough weight to be around 70kg by the middle of next year (June/July 2010)- which as I see it, would be the perfect start to a new decade, and to the rest of my life.

I am single, and aside from wanting to look better, I know that if I feel better about myself I'll have more chance of finding Mr Right... and not only that, when I find him, I'd like to think that I might have kids sometime in the not too distant future, and truthfully I don't want to be this size when getting pregnant!! I also am going on a cruise next year, and boy it would be nice to feel like I look great in a pair of bathers (swimsuit)!!!!

So with all that said, watch this space- between CG and I, I'm sure we'll have some stories to tell, some dilemas to face, and some successes to share!

Happy Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment